Thursday, June 10, 2010

Wild foods season is here















I'm back. Took a long time off. Sorry all.

It's elderflower fritter time. I have been searching out the best bushes for years now, and I have them recorded in my GPS device so I can just find them when I need them. Doing that with all my wild foods.

1 C flour, 2 T sugar, 1/2 t baking powder, 3/4 c milk, 2 eggs, beat all together, dip flowers, fry. Make sure not to eat the green stems.

Also, milkweed flower buds can still be had. Daylily flowers, pickerel weed, ramps, yum yum yum. Cattails are coming soon. Sadly, Japanese knotweed is past. However, the daisy leaves are still good and you can still get some salad greens such as stinging nettle or goosefoot.

I'll start posting again now that the season is here and I have more time.

1 comment:

  1. You were looking for a place to buy Non GMO Corn. Here is a company in Indiana.
    http://spectrumseed.com/

    ReplyDelete