Monday, August 16, 2010

Family Values

As I was walking out of work today, a coworker and I were talking about this past week. She asked if I had fun, and I said, "of course, I was the only girl in a room full of men." She asked if any were cute, and I said, "yes, one was very attractive, but they were all married."

Now, this coworker is very young, but that still doesn't excuse her comment. She replied "that doesn't matter in this day and age."

Suffice it to say that I was floored. I replied that it mattered to me, as I'm a huge supporter of marriage and I thought she needed to rethink her stance. It bothered me deeply. It still does, as you can see from my post here tonight when I should be packing and cleaning out my car for my trip to Georgia.

That got me thinking about family values and where we are heading "in this day and age."

1 comment: